Stretching Your Faith

Photo courtesy  Zela, rgbstock.com 
I read an excellent article by Rick Warren this morning on setting goals and how not setting a goal is really setting a goal by default. This part really spoke to me...

See how this works –
  • When I ask you what's your goal for your health in 2011? If you say, ‘I don't have one,’ then your goal is to stay the same.
  • When I ask you what's your goal in your relationships? If you say, ‘I don't have one,’ then your goal is for them not to get any better.
  • When I ask you what's your goal for your finances and getting out of debt? If you say, ‘I don't have one,’ then your goal is to stay in debt.
  • When I ask you what's your goal for your business career? If you say, ‘I don't have one,’ then your goal is to just drift along.

Pretty powerful, huh?

After reading this, I know I need to spend some time in prayer and set some goals for myself, because I believe God wants me to grow - to stretch my faith - to believe that He can take me further than I can ever imagine if I will just believe Him for bigger things. (Not talking about material things, here, but things that will help me to be all that He created me to be.)

One area I want to be sure to address is my writing. How about you? What are your writing goals for the second half of 2012?
-------------------------------------------------------
If you liked this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks!

(Copyright© 2012 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment