Happy 4th of July

Historically, the 4th of July is a good day for declarations, so with less than 30 minutes to go before this 4th of July is over, I'd like to make this declaration:
  • I am a Christian. I believe in God the creator, who sent his son Jesus as a sacrifice to pay for the sins of mankind, and in accepting his gift of salvation I have entered into an eternal, personal relationship with God through his son.
  • I am a Christian. I dedicate myself to loving my neighbor, to pursuing justice, to feeding the hungry and clothing the naked.
  • I am a Christian. I strive to live a life that honors God and brings glory to his name.
  • I am a Christian. I look to Jesus and his teachings for guidance and direction, not to the media, pop culture, a political party, or a religious denomination.
  • I am a Christian. I am an American, a patriot, a lover of this nation and the freedoms we all enjoy and I vow not to take those for granted.
Taken from an article by Joanne Brokaw

No comments:

Post a Comment