2014 - The Year of Healthy Living

Okay, I've recovered from NaNoWriMo, enjoyed the Christmas holidays and hit into the New Year running. There's something about the beginning of a new year that gets me going. I love fresh starts and leaving the past behind.

Each year I spend the week between Christmas and New Years to spend extra time with the Lord, reviewing the previous year and seeking Him for direction for the New Year. This year, I didn't have to spend as much time discerning what He wanted me to focus on for 2014. That's because He started speaking to my heart back in mid-November about my health. I'm a diabetic and have a few other healthy issues that could be managed (or obliterated entirely) by eating right, exercising and getting adequate rest.

I started watching documentaries like...

Hungry For Change
Forks Over Knives
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
Food Matters

...on Netflix. The result was losing weight during the holidays instead gaining, and better still, my sugar levels dropped by 60-70 points!  It's amazing embarrassing how many times I prayed for God to help me with my weight and sugar levels, when all the time, He was waiting for me to cooperate with Him in making that happen.  Once I began to educate myself and apply what I was learning, God made it easy for me to make wise choices with my health.

So, for me, 2014 is The Year of Healthy Living - not just physically, but spiritually, emotionally, mentally, financially and relationally. My goal is to add things to my life that will make me healthy in all these areas and eliminate anything that hinders healthy living.

As for writing, I'm getting back to the joy of writing. I've been so focused on writing for publication that I've lost the pleasure that comes with weaving a story, writing a devotional or poem.  So in the coming year, I'll be posting more fun writing, both here on She Fancied Herself a Writer and on my blogs...




2014 is going to be fun!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment