Sometimes Life Just Gets in the Way

I started August 1st in a flurry of writing for Camp NaNoWriMo. The words for my new novel were flowing, I was finding plenty of time to write and then....life happened.

School started, which meant I went back to work. Still I was doing pretty good at filling up the page with words, enjoying life with my characters in their fictitious little world, right up until a family crisis pulled me back to reality.

It seemed like one thing after another hit and I fell further and further behind in my word count. My characters got all uppity because I wasn't spending enough time with them. They refused to let me into their lives. I was an outsider looking in, except they were drawing the curtains so I couldn't peek.

Alas, I had to set the novel aside for the time being.

Sometimes life just gets in the way!


-------------------------------------------------------
If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks!

(Copyright© 2012 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment