Finished Two Books!

I finished two books today! No, they weren't books I'd written, but books written by someone else.


The first was Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix, one of my favorite authors. It was a redo of Cinderella, but one like you've never read before! It tells what happened after Cinderella moved into the palace to marry Prince Charming and that happily ever after part....uh, not so much.  I loved the book, just as I do many of Ms Haddix's books. Ella is a feisty little gal and Charming...let's just say he doesn't live up to his name.  I'd highly recommend this book to anyone.

Other books I'd recommend by this author are The Shadow Children Series and Double Identity.


The second book was A Bride most Begrudging set in colonial Virginia. It involves a kidnapping on a slave ship, a forced marriage and another spit-fire heroine. The author, Deeanne Gist did a wonderful job of making you feel like you were really back in colonial times, which made me glad I was born in 1950, not the 1600s!

I loved the way she built the relationship between the hero and heroine and all the ups and downs that the characters had to go through. It had me laughing one minute, mad as heck the next and crying in other parts. Deeanne Gist can write! Can't wait to read her other books.


Read any good books lately that you would recommend? Please leave a comment and let me know.

Also wondering if other people do what I do when I read a book that I loved - contact the author to thank them for writing a book. I know that as a writer, I always appreciate it when people let me know they enjoy my books, short stories or devotionals.

----------------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright © 2010, 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment